This Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is one of my favorite vegetarian breakfast options. It is quick, simple, and very versatile. It is one of the meals that you can literally throw almost anything into the bowl and it comes out tasty.
Quinoa is not only nutritious but it is super easy to make as well. Here are some easy ways you can put together a Quinoa Breakfast Bowl.
This quinoa breakfast bowl recipe is easy to throw together and can be on your table in a jiffy. Every Sunday I do prep work for my bowls and salads and leave all the chopped fruit and vegetables in the refrigerator so they are ready when I am.
Here’s how to make a nutritious quinoa bowl:
- Measure out your. Make sure you rinse your quinoa first. Quinoa has a natural coating on it called saponin. When you rinse it this coating comes off. If you buy your quinoa in a box chances are that it is already pre-rinsed BUT I say rinse it anyway. It does not take long and it guarantees the coating is gone and your quinoa will not taste bitter. If you buy your quinoa in bulk make sure you rinse it really well as this has not been pre-rinsed.
- You can cook your quinoa on your stovetop or in your instant pot. I think both methods are equally as easy.
- While the quinoa is cooking, now is the time to cut up your toppings. I try to stick to 3-4 toppings each 2-4 tablespoons each.
- You can use whatever dressing you want for your bowl. For the breakfast bowls, I tend to stick one or two of the following: plain yogurt, coconut cream, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and sometimes blended acai berry.
5. Now the fun part starts. It is time to assemble your quinoa bowl! Because these bowls are so versatile there are so many ways you can assemble them. The recipe card below details out how I assembled the one in the picture.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Instant Pot or
- Small stove top pan
- Cutting board
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- Cook your quinoa however makes you happy
- Put your quinoa in a bowl
- Mix in the coconut cream, maple syrup and plant-based milk
- Stir it all up and add in your blueberries, nuts, and seeds and enjoy!
Here is another version of a breakfast quinoa bowl
- Instant Pot
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or you could use honey
- 1 tbsp sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- Add your cooked quinoa in your bowl first then add in your other ingredients, adding in your coconut cream and maple syrup last. Stir it up and dig in.