Pistachio Crusted Halibut has become a favorite in my house. Who does not like pistachios right? I love the way the pistachios add a great crunch and sweet taste to the halibut. Pistachios are high in protein and Vitamin B-6. You can buy pistachios that are already shelled to save time. Halibut is full of good protein, B Vitamins and is one of the best ways to get some Vitamin D from a food source. This dish is very satisfying and a perfect dish to make if you are looking to impress someone 🙂
Total Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Makes 4 servings
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
1 dash sea salt
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
4 (4-oz.) raw halibut fillets
¼ cup raw, unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. corn meal
1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Combine mustard, lemon peel, salt, and pepper (if desired) in a small bowl; mix well.
3. Spread mustard mixture evenly on top side of each halibut fillet. Set aside.
4. Combine pistachios, corn meal, and parsley in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Press pistachio mixture evenly into top side of each halibut fillet.
6. Place halibut in baking dish, pistachio side up. Bake for 8 to10 minutes, or until halibut flakes easily when tested with a fork.
We serve this dish with some cauliflower rice and grilled pineapple. It is a beautiful dish plated and truly one of our favorites. I have also served this over a bed of organic romaine, and it was AMAZING. When I find a recipe that the whole family loves, I usually double it and find a way to be creative with the leftovers.