No Bake Grain Free Cookie Balls
There is a title that made you stop and read on right?
Here is the deal, not everyone has time to crank the music and spend hours in the kitchen I get it. I actually love to bake but there are days I am not in the mood at all. No way Jose. I’ve got your back!
Have you ever tried these fast, minimal ingredient cookie balls you can make in mere minutes without the help of an oven? You can even choose your ingredients wisely and use them as healthy energy balls.
My favorite quick & simple no bake cookie ball recipe is:
• 1/2 cup of Medjool dates, pitted. The type of date you use does matter. Get them from your farmers market if you can. Natures Candy
• 1/2 cup raw almonds or cashews
• 1/2 cup almond butter, I have also used cashew butter as well
• 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder – NOT COCOA- OK if all you have is cocoa its ok 🙂 cacao is actually better for you though.
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Mix ingredients using a food processor, starting with the dates first. Add nuts after dates are processed, adding the rest of your ingredients to blend together. ( I recently purchased a new food processor and it rocks, best one I have owned to date )
Roll into balls and refrigerate until chilled.
These are the perfect snacks when you want a bite to eat, and they even work well for your 3pm pick-up.
Feel free to add more ingredients that you’d enjoy, such as coconut flakes or dark chocolate chips. No bake cookie balls are so simple to make, it’s hard to mess them up. So experiment and find what YOUR favorite no bake cookie/energy ball recipe is.
So, what’s your favorite type of cookie? And how do you think you could create a no bake cookie version of it? Hit reply and let me know. I love me a good challenge. 🙂