Do you know how to make Yogi Tea? There really is no wrong way so let’s just get in the kitchen and give it a try. I have listed one of my favorite recipes below. However do not get stuck on the ingredients. The bottom line is all you need is some filtered water, a pot and some herbs and spices. The spices below are excellent for your immune system and also wonderful for liver support.
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seed
- 1/2 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or just peel a few inches and keep it whole.
- 1 -2 black tea bags- Organic if possible- non flavored
Bring the water to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Add all of the above ingredients and then simmer for 15 minutes- 20 minutes. This takes great patience and is a great time to practice some mindfulness 🙂
I love to watch the colors change in the water. I do not stand in front of the stove the whole time but I do take 5 minutes and just watch the water and the herbs swim together. The longer you simmer it the better but 15-20 minutes should be great. Strain and serve hot or cold.
Other items I have added to this tea are:
- peeled turmeric
- almond milk- once it was done simmering
- three drops of licorice root- once it was done simmering
- dandelion root leaves- You can get these at your health food store
PS: I have also brewed a whole pot of this in my slow cooker. Mike loves to take some of this to work and drink it as a cold tea. It keeps for a few days in the refrigerator.