I am a huge fish fan. We are always trying to find new and exciting ways to cook with this delightful fish. We found this recipe in our P90X3 nutrition program and declare it a hit. If you like Tilapia you must give this one a try.
Total Time: 17 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 1 serving
1 (4-oz.) raw tilapia fillet
½ tsp. Italian Seasoning Blend (recipe below)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2½ cups chopped fresh kale
1½ cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped)
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1. Season both sides of tilapia with Italian seasoning; set aside.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and kale; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Place tilapia fillet on top of kale mixture; cook, covered, for 1 minute.
5. Gently turn tilapia over. Top with tomatoes; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tilapia is cooked through and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
6. Place kale, tilapia, and tomatoes on a serving plate; drizzle with oil.
Tip: The Italian Seasoning blend can be stored in an airtight container for use in the future.
Italian Seasoning Blend
4 Tbsp. dried parsley, crushed
4 tsp. dried onion flakes
2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
1 tsp. ground oregano
1 tsp. ground thyme
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well.
Nutritional Information (per serving):