I got up this AM, worked out and just started in with my normal breakfast Shakeology prep and then WHAMO I saw something on Facebook that stopped me in my tracks. HELLO, it is National Pancake Day!!!!!! I am not a huge fan of pancakes but there is a very special gluten free, grain free pancake recipe that has my heart. When our kids were little Mike and the girls use to make pancakes every weekend. It was such a beautiful site seeing all three of them in the kitchen. Mike use to twirl the spatula in the air and the girls would just look at him in awe like he was the most amazing man they knew. He might not twirl that spatula anymore but I still think they think he is pretty dang special.
This recipe is super easy and so tasty. I like to top it with fresh fruit and 1 teaspoon of real maple syrup.
Gluten Free-Grain Free Pancakes
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Dash of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of REAL Vanilla
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor. It might help to do the bananas first so they get nice and mushy before you add the other ingredients.
- Use a small pan and place it on medium heat.
- Laddle out a small amount for your pancake. This mix is kinda mushy and if you make it to big they will be hard to flip
These pancakes freeze very well. I like to make a double batch then use them as sandwich bread holders. One of my favorite things to do with these is add some guacamole and smashed pinto beans. I know it sounds gross but don’t knock it till you try it.
If you have already had breakfast remember breakfast for dinner is not only totally cool and popular right now but you are also guaranteed a hit with the kids with this one. Let me know if you try them.