Just curious, am I the only one that saves and reuses every glass container I find? I serisouly think I might have an issue. Well I guess that is another topic lol but seriously, do you do this? If so I want to hear from you. I need to know I am not the only one. Mike gets so frustrated with me when he has to empty the dishwasher. He said there is not room for one more glass container in our cupboard. Silly man, little does he know I have another cabinet full of them he does not even know about. Sssshhhhh.
Ever since the whole BPA thing came out I started using glass for everything I could. At first it was simple, I would just go buy those cute mason jars. I still love those by the way. Then I started looking at the salsa jars, and the salad dressing jars and the pickle jars and so forth and this is where it started to get out of control. The other day I was being lazy and bought some iced tea at Sprouts and it came in a glass jar. Check this out, isn’t it adorable?Now the good news is I am not using any plastic, its all reusable so not only am I helping out the environment but I am also saving money right? The bad news is I have enough and probably should stop. Maybe one day but for now I am in full admittance of being a glassaholic 🙂
Here are my top 6 uses for my addiction:
- Trader Joe’s Salsa jars make great jars to create amazing yogurt parfaits in
- Salad dressing jars are great to make homemade salad dressing in -DUH!
- Jam jars are a perfect size to send a handful of my nut collection off to work with Mike. ( Man that sounds wrong on every level)
- Pickle jars are perfect to hold all my leftover cauliflower rice
- The tea bottle above goes off with Mike to work each day with a fresh brewed cup of ice tea for him
- Mustard jars make great containers for my two daily hard boiled eggs
Now I just have to know, do you do this too? If so share with me some of the ways you reuse your glass containers.