OMG I saw this posted on the Pure Wow website the other day and just had to try it. It was amazing. I might have left mine in the oven a little too long so keep a watchful eye on it. We liked it so much I am going to make it again tonight. Did you know that cauliflower, is a cruciferous vegetables and it is crazy high in Vitamin C? According to The World’s Healthiest Foods you should try and eat cruciferous vegetables at least 2-4 times a week. We have this down, I love roasting these types of vegetables. I must say though this is the first time I have ever done the whole head at one time. You all know I love to cook with cauliflower: cauliflower mash, cauliflower pizza and cauliflower lasagna, this is now being added to one of my favorite cauliflower dishes. The neat thing about this is it is super easy and looks so pretty on the table.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 head organic cauliflower
1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
1 lime or lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons chile powder
1 tablespoon cumin
2 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400° and line a pan with parchment paper.
2. Take a sharp knife and cut off the bottom of the cauliflower to remove all the icky stuff at the bottom.
3. In a bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime/lemon zest and juice, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4. Dip the cauliflower into the bowl and use a brush or your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface.
5. Now take the cauliflower and put it on your sheet with the parchment paper and put it in the oven and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes. The marinade will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower.
6. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and serving alongside a big green salad.
I did not modify her recipe much, I just changed a few things. Get wild and crazy with the herbs and spices you like to use. I am thinking next time I will use some herbs de provence instead of the garlic just to switch it up.
Remember vegetables do not need to be boring. There are countless ways you can create delicious dishes with them. I challenge you to get creative and live on the wild side, your body will thank you.