Yesterday I was craving something like a granola bar and the only thing I had were bars with sugar alcohols. I went through a short stage where I liked “One” bars lol. I know I know, soooooo bad for you. I have not had the heart to throw them away but honestly, I need to because they are filled with such horrid ingredients I should not even give them away.
I ran across this great recipe and decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. Real food is so much better tasting.
- 2 scoops Vegan Chocolate Shakeology or protein powder of your choice.
- 1 cup egg white powder, I get mine from Trader Joe’s
- 2 cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ- I used hemp seeds instead
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, Califia Farms is my go to brand
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup all-natural almond butter, I used NuttZo butter that I get from Costco – It is heavenly
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- Nonstick cooking spray
Combine Shakeology, egg white powder, oats, wheat germ, flax seed, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well.
Add almond milk, honey, almond butter, and bananas; mix well with a spatula or clean hands.
Place in an 8 x 8-inch pan that is lightly coated with spray. Cover with plastic wrap and press down to flatten into pan. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
Cut into twelve bars.
I store mine in the freezer and layer them between some parchment paper so they do not stick. Honestly, these are truly fabulous and so good for you.
If you want some other healthy bar recipes, here is the original post from the Beachbody Blog.