Mike and I eat a lot of eggs. We use to be boring and just have them hard boiled and then about two years ago we got all crazy and make things like this frittata all the time now. We love having breakfast for dinner. This is a great, easy recipe and you can swap out the swiss chard for your favorite green if you don’t like chard. I would say try it though, it is really good for you. Check out all the nutrients a cup of chard has in it.
Total Time: 35 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20-25 min.
Yield: 8 servings
10 large egg whites (1¼ cups)
6 large eggs
¾ cup almond milk
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups chopped Swiss chard
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine egg whites, eggs, milk, cheese, salt (if desired), pepper (if desired), and nutmeg in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
4. Add onion and chard; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Turn off heat. 5. Lightly coat sides of skillet with spray.
6. Add tomatoes and egg mixture to skillet.
7. Place skillet in oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffy and set.
Tip: You can use spinach, kale, or other favorite greens instead of the Swiss chard. You can also mix the greens for a total of 2 cups.
21 Day Fix=1 1/2 green and 1/2 red and a little of a yellow (almond milk)
Original recipe adapted from Team Beachbody