There is something so refreshing about watermelon. There is something even more magical about consuming fresh fruits in season. We currently get most of our organic fruits and vegetables from a local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), Garden of Eden Organics.
This season if you are looking for an evening cocktail that won’t fill you up with artificial sweeteners and fillers then try making this Fresh Watermelon Cooler. I think you might just find your next favorite drink.
Fresh Watermelon Vodka Cooler
- High Speed Blender
- 3-4 pounds watermelon cut around the rind and cut into chunks
- 6 ounces vodka our favorite is Tito's
- 2 tablespoons lime juice if you dont have lime, lemon will work
- 4 drops stevia
Making your watermelon juice
- In a high-speed blender purée the watermelon pieces. I use the juice setting. You can use any setting you want, you just might need to do it a few times to get all the pulp broken up and liquid
- Depending on how big your watermelon was you should yield 2-3 cups of juice when done.
Mixing your cocktail
- If you have a cocktail shaker I would use it. If you do not, it is ok, just use a drink Tupperware or anything that has a lid so you can shake it.
- I normally like to make these two at a time.Add about 1/2 cup of ice into your shaker.
- Next pour in 2 ounces of your favorite vodka and as much juice as you would like. If you are using a cosmopolitan glass like the one pictured in the image above I would add 4 ounces of juice.
- Next measure your lime juice and add it to your cocktail shaker.
- Lastly, and this is optional, add in a few drops of stevia. You can leave this out if you do not want the added sweetness.
- Now but the lid on your shaker and shake that cocktail. You want to shake it at least 5-10 times so the ice mixes with the liquid and gets it really cold.
- Now pour your drink into whatever pretty glass you want. If you want to add ice to the glass you will want to use a bigger glass.