I think we all have moments of allowing negative thoughts into our mind. The key is to balance it out with more positive ones then negative ones. One of the things that I have always believed is your mind is like a computer, whatever you type in goes into the memory files and stays till you overwrite it with something else. Have you ever wondered why some people are just a little more cheery and carry a more upbeat disposition? It isn’t because they were just born that way or because of some magic vitamin pill they take. It is because they fill their mind with upbeat, positive self talk from the moment they wake up.
Here are some great examples of some positive self talk to help set your day off to a fantastic start:
- I am capable.
- I know who I am and I am enough.
- I choose to be present in all that I do.
- I choose to think thoughts that serve me well.
- I choose to reach for a better feeling.
- I share my happiness with those around me.
- My body is my vehicle in life; I choose to fill it with goodness.
- I feel energetic and alive.
- My life is unfolding beautifully.
- I am confident.
- I always observe before reacting.
- I know with time and effort I can achieve.
- I love challenges and what I learn from overcoming them.
- Each step is taking me to where I want to be.
Let me ask you this? Do you ever find yourself complaining that things just aren’t going your way? Do you ever get uber frustrated with yourself because you feel like you always give up? The one thing I learned from my research on the mind is a negative mind will never give you a positive life. It does not matter how many self-help books you read or how many happy feeling movies you watch. If you want to live a healthy and happy life then you need to start putting happy healthy thoughts into that computer. I often tell my clients I don’t care if you woke up big time on the wrong side of the berm you need to say at least 10 positive self talk things out loud before your feet hit the floor.
Trust me, please give this a try. Do not over complicate it. Just start with the positive self talk and watch where it takes you.
If you are looking to get off to a good start with your nutrition and exercise I would like to invite you to join my FREE Facebook accountability group. It is filled with positive energy and people trying to put their best foot forward everyday. We would love to have you join us. You can request to join here.