These homemade Birch Benders Muffins are the bomb! They are so easy to make and you can really get creative with the ingredients. Our local Costco carries the Paleo and the Keto mixes. As always I like to find a recipe that looks good and then I like to mess with it lol. I always enjoy putting my own spin on things. Sometimes it works and sometimes it is a complete flop.
Today I decided to use some berries that I had in the refrigerator. You can use frozen berries as well. Mike is a freak for chocolate so I mixed half of the batter with dark chocolate chips and walnuts and made the other half with the fresh berries. You can truly get creative and add whatever you want.
The Paleo mix does have a little monk fruit in it. I do not like monk fruit but it is only a little. The Keto mix does not have any sugar alcohols but it does not create the same texture in the muffins. Next time I am thinking of combining them and see how that comes out. I love me a good experiment.
Here is the link to the recipe on Birch Benders website. I will also place the recipe below so you can check it out quickly. I encourage you to try these mixes and also check out their site for more recipes and product ideas.
- 2 Cups Birch Benders Paleo Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Pourable Ghee Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 Cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen wild
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line or grease a muffin tin.
- Toss blueberries with cinnamon.
- Combine Birch Benders, water, chia seeds, ghee and maple syrup. Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin tin.
- Bake 35- 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before enjoying!