Raw Vegan Carrot Cake– Do I really need to say anything more. Just get in the kitchen and make this! 🙂
Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups cashews- it is best if you soak them prior to making the frosting for an hour or two
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 oz. vegan cream cheese- I used the one from Trader Joe’s
- Water or more lemon juice if it is too thick
- 1 tsp pure maple, lemon, almond or vanilla extract
Raw Carrot Cake
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- ¾ cup oat flour- You can make your own. Just put your oats in a high-speed blender and blend J
- ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 cup pitted dates- I get mine from Garden of Eden Organics in my CSA box. 100% the truth there are no better dates. These melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup dried fruit of your choice- Just no added sugar please
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ,cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice
To make the frosting, blend all ingredients in your high-speed blender until smooth, adding as little water as possible. I suggest adding in less maple syrup then tasting it and if you need it a little sweeter then add some more in gradually. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the cake, cut the carrots into small chunks. Then throw all the ingredients (including the carrots) in your food processor and pulse until it’s all in small pieces and sticks together. You want it to resemble a crumble texture.
- Assembly: Press half the cake mix into the bottom of an adjustable spring-form pan, mine was about 6 inches. Then spread on about 1/3 of the frosting. Put it in the freezer until the layer of frosting is hard. Then press on the rest of the cake mix.
- I garnished mine with hemp seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, pineapple and blueberries. This cake is amazing. It needs to be kept in the refrigerator. You can even keep it in the freezer if you want a firmer texture.
Original recipe adapted from Rawsome Vegan Baking by Emily von Euw.